Monday, June 21, 2010

Smiling Shau Kei Wan



It's funny when you loathe some place or some situation that you are facing but when sometimes it's time to leave it you suddenly feel sad that you a finally getting out of it. Shau Kei Wan! I have to say what a place, crampy apartments, endless stream of old folks hobbling around in walking sticks, you have the same food everyday over and over again for both lunch and dinner - it does sound depressing. I did shed a few tears (literally) when I finally have to leave, but not tears of ecstasy because that I am leaving this place, but tears of sadness and longing for something I knew that I had it good all along. One thing I realized today is that it's not the place that matters, but what is filled in that place - friends, family and best of all the experiences that you share with them. I cried because I know my departure marks the end of a blessed period in Hong Kong with my friends - my only consolation is this a beginning of a new phase in my life. Will it be together with the rest of the team? I wouldn't know, my only salvation from separating from them is the thought that I have enjoyed my time with them as much I could. If  I have not treated them that well at times, it is without ill intention.





























To all of the team, this post is for you - Simon, Angel Lee, SHIT, ST, Darren, Murph, Joel, Jerome and to my love Oh, it has been an honor. So I will see you guys next time, for some of you most probably back in Malaysia.

I hope you guys enjoy my jokes, thinks that my cooking is palatable and appreciate that I have tried to take care of the team the best that I can. You guys have been great and I hope that life treats you well, where ever you are. It's time for me to soldier on, looking forward to spend my life with my dearest Oh where ever our fate will bring us to.

Till then, this is Jon signing out from Hong Kong.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we have all memorable experience here...
    We will miss you till we meet again in Malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but once we are all back the memories in Hong Kong is but a distant memory. I will treasure it forever. Glad that I managed to cook Bak Kut Teh for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true that there's always a tinge of sadness leaving a place behind with all its mundaneness and all. Best wishes to what's ahead. Or should I say "Welcome home (to Malaysia)" or something?

    ReplyDelete