Sunday, December 12, 2010

Serendipity? You better believe it

My company trip at a resort in Ayer Keroh has just concluded and I am writing this as we are on the way home.  First of all this is the first time in my life that I have partake in a company event at this size although I have been given many opportunity by many ex employers which I am most grateful for. So not expecting much I packed my bags on Saturday and head toward the historical city of Malacca with the rest of the staffs from the company. Unbeknown to me there's a most serendipitous chain of event that is waiting for me. Now mind you when I said serendipitous I did not mean that I have suddenly struck a ten million dollar lottery but it's still a most fortunate event. Let me tell you why.

Upon reaching the resort I discovered that my roomie that I am supposed to share a room with is down with fever and was absent for the event. After putting my bag in my designated room I went for lunch and event activity. Upon returning back to my room I discovered that my room has another new occupant and my luggage gone. Feeling quite displeased with the sudden turn of events I stormed of to the front desk to find my bag and with the intention of making a complain. After a few firm words I was upgraded to a much bigger room - feeling quite pleased at this point I decided that I have no use for such a big room for myself and instead offered to switch room with another colleague which had brought her husband and baby along. During the lucky draw at dinner I did not win anything which according to the event organisers there are enough of prizes for more than half of the participants on the night. Well number 181 didn't yield any price for me.  Feeling quite unlucky that I wasn't the lucky other half given the possibility of actually winning something is more than 0.5 I joked to those who cared to listen that I am going to win the iPad which was one of the grand price for second lucky draw on the following day ( I didn't have that much conviction when I said it). On the following day however I got another set of number 281 which again to me is such a coincidence to me, 181 being my birthday. Just plain coincidence?

When number 281 was announced with the prize of guess what - an iPad, my hair was standing on my back a sudden exhilaration of actually winning something that I really want. Serendipity? You be well believe that good things does come to us in our lives.

I always believe that our lives are intermittently peppered with highs and lows and this last to days I believe is a testimonial to that - albeit on a much smaller timeframe in two days. But guess what I have always feel lucky with my life - sure it's not so outstanding and I have been I some pretty low times. But I have grown to love what life has managed to offered to me. Good times I felt immediately pleased with but with bad times I have grown to learn from them after a recess. My motto is and has always been the mantra - everything happens for a reason. It is up for us to appreciate it and learn from it. Embrace the challenges and be thankful for the gifts. At the mean time - thank you God for giving me this iPad!



4 comments:

  1. wah lao eh ..celaka..u won an ipad !!i thought u bought it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are super lucky man ~ next time pinjam main kejap.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where got so much money Ms Pang? I am so happy man, never won anything significant in my life before until now. Next time show to you guys ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats! Right, everything happens for a reason. Enjoy the iPad!

    ReplyDelete